Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Trip to Cambodia

At school there was this scholarship trip to travel to Cambodia to help people in 3rd world countries for my school's international program. I remember hearing about the program trip last year and now there having the same trip again to help the kids there in Cambodia by building schooling and helping teach at schools and helping the people there in general. I immediately wanted to go as soon as I heard the news. More than anything in this world I want to help people , In a country where help is needed the most and war is around and poverty is present in everyday life. I seek to help those. But my parents disagreed to send me to such a country and called it a death sentence for me I believe they must have thought I thought it was just some fun vacation trip to Asia but I didn't at all think about that I mean of course I have to say Cambodia is a beautiful place without so much built up cities and towns like we have here in America but I know my help could be needed there.
 For a long time I always remember  being a hungry girl but I realized I am not hungry for food !Which I always eat and nevers fills me up.
 I am hungry for work! And I wish with all my heart to be one of the chosen ones whose privilege it will be to sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. I am not afraid of any disease or the thought of dying it would be my greatest delight to help those in poor countries.
I am not sure how long my impatient soul can last in a place where I live where I am sheltered from the outside and must stay in doors all of the time besides school . There is so much I want to do in this world before my death comes I want to do many good in my lifetime and many good works.I sometimes fear my end might be nearer than others .The human soul knows when death is near for them. I have had a case of a near death expriences before but God made me live and I believe there is something I need to do in this world!I feel like I am getting closer to what I was suppose to do by going on missionaries in other countries like these one.

No comments:

Post a Comment